Persevering in Life

Sometimes when I get frustrated or a bump in the road comes along, I wonder why am I even pursuing this career.  Occupational Therapy...who would have thought that I would ever consider it for a career.  You would think that because I am surrounded by medicine 24/7, I would want a career that was not even remotely near to medicine.  I am not strong in the science or math department; I am stronger in the English or arts department.  I have to work twice as hard as others to understand the curriculum.  It can become very frustrating, but then I look down and see my heart shaped locket.  Inside the locket, I have a picture of my grandpa.  He is the reason why I became fascinated with Occupational Therapy.  I know for a fact that he is looking down on me from Heaven with a huge smile on his face of pure pride.  I also know that one day, I am going to be able to help other people with Occupational Therapy to help them get back to their lifestyle.  This is not going to be easy, but nothing in life comes easy.  You have to work for it.
That's all for now,
Ashley

Comments