California Lifestyle

I've been living in California for the last 11 years.  I have definitely noticed myself change from a Coloradan to a Californian over the past few years.  One thing I have noticed, especially this year, is the healthy vibe of California.  By "healthy vibe," I mean a lot of people work out and a lot of people have healthy diets.  I'm not saying that this is how it is everywhere in California, but it is in most of the places I go to.  I've mentioned this before in a past blog that I began working out more this year.  Not only have I been working out more, I have also been eating more healthy.  I used to eat a lot of junk food in the past.  Now the only junk food that I eat every once in a while are Skittles, Chips, and sometimes something with chocolate in it.  I  am the type of person who loves salads, drinks tea and matcha, eats açaí bowls, and always tries to eat on the healthy side.  By doing this, I have noticed an improvement in my digestive system and how I feel overall.  There are days where I eat junk food, but I realized when I do, the next day, my stomach is usually talking back at me.  This is because my body has gotten so used to all of the healthy items I have been putting into my body that it doesn't know how to handle the junk food.  When I do eat junk food, I have to eat it in moderation and balance it with something healthy so that my stomach is able to handle the food.  I don't really know if this blog post has a point, but it is very interesting how much a change in diet can affect you.
That's all for now,
Ashley

Comments