I'm Not Going Anywhere

Keep it up, keep trying.  I'm not going anywhere.  Something I have learned over the past few years, is that there will always be haters.  As someone who used to be a people pleaser, I never understood why people mistreated me.  I would literally break my back for these people and do everything possible to be their friend or have them like me.  I thought I had finally understood last year, but this past May, I really grasped the concept of standing up for myself.  Even though the people who bullied me tried to tear me apart, it made me stronger.  I would not be the
confident person that I am today if it weren't for those experiences.  Someone once told me that one of the reasons why people are mean is because they want to feel better about themselves and try to bring someone else down.  I've always been the kind of person to give 110% to whatever I do.  Sometimes I can see great results from doing that, and unfortunately that can bring the haters.  Nowadays, I have three sayings:

1.) Work hard, HUSTLE HARDER

2.) Just remember, you know you are doing something wrong if you don't have any haters.  You've grabbed their attention, keep doin' you.

3.) Who cares what the haters say?! You've got places to be, things to do, and God has a plan, if you let Him take the lead.

You know the classic saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."?  Guess what?  That's not true.  Words do have an affect on you.  It hurts, it stings, and it causes you to question yourself.  From my experience and what works best to keep pushing through is, to take the words in one ear and out the other.  Keep doin you, you've got this.

That's all for now,

Ashley

Comments