Give Thanks

Until this year, surprisingly, Thanksgiving was my least favorite holiday.  It is not because I'm not thankful because I am thankful for every blessing, big or small.  These are my honest thoughts, once Thanksgiving has passed, it means Christmas is almost here and the school semester is almost over. (3 more weeks!)  My Thanksgiving tradition is to wake up at 9am and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.  I love watching my favorite artists sing, and most importantly, the Broadway performances!

Side note & quick review/ramble: 
[I honestly would not go see Spongebob the Musical unless someone bought me tickets and paid for everything that day, but I honestly don't understand why Spongebob is a musical.  No offense to anyone who likes Spongebob.  I watched the show as a child, I have no idea why....anyways.  The Anastasia performance was BEAUTIFUL!!!! It is high on my list of shows to see!  Dear Evan Hansen...goosebumps and teary-eyed.  That's all I need to say.  Once On This Island was very cute.  I am not too familiar with the show, but it did draw me in.  I'm interested.  Leslie Odom Jr., Sabrina Carpenter, Olivia Holt, and Angelica Hale did a phenomenal job with their performances.  Their voices are truly spectacular!]

Since 2011, there has been an empty seat at the table, I have gotten sick, have had my wisdom teeth removed, and have had complications from Cystic Fibrosis.  Also, there is just so much food!  I'm honestly down for just a turkey sandwich...except  I don't like turkey...soooo.  It's just not my day.

However, this year was different.  As stated from before, I watched the parade, worked on a few YouTube projects, talked to my best friend, and spent time with family and friends from church.  It was so special to be able to spend quality time with everyone.  Now, like every year, was I in pain?  Yes, ohhhh yes.  My body was sore head to toe from yoga. [DON'T TELL ME THAT YOGA IS ONLY BREATHING AND STRETCHING BECAUSE IT'S NOT.] Anways, my body was in pain from being sore, and I had a really bad head headache due to CF....I'm not going to explain the headache, it's just something that happens sometimes. 
However, even though I was in pain, I was able to push that aside and enjoy Thanksgiving with everyone.  ALSO, not only was there turkey, someone brought ham!!!  I definitely had second helpings on the ham.  It was just a memorable day with amazing people.

Also, as an update about my last video.  [You can view the video here.]  I am doing much better.  I needed to share the honest update.  Since that video, I am 100% better, all smiles, and genuine smiles.  These past few months have been a reminder to treat every day as Thanksgiving and giving thanks in everything. 
1 Thessalonians 5:18, "give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."












I hope you all had a memorable Thanksgiving.

That's all for now,
Ashley

Comments