My Bodyguards, My Cousins

On February 11, 2018, I went on a road trip and posted the experience of the TobyMac 2018 Hits Deep Tour through a vlog.
I was accompanied by three of my cousins.  Now, I have a lot of cousins...a lot.  However, these three cousins are the ones who I am closest to.  (Before any of my other family members overreact, let me explain.)
I am an only child.  No sisters and no brothers.  I never had the experience of having siblings.  Whenever I visited California when I still lived in Colorado, Sam, Zach, and I instantly connected.  We would always have adventures exploring their ranch, watching Disney VHS movies, playing on their playground in the backyard, and many more stories and memories.  I always felt like my relationship with them was different compared to my relationships with my other cousins.  It wasn't until I moved to California when I realized Sam and Zach were almost like brothers to me.
They were the ones who first introduced me to Star Wars.
We shared our love of football and Denver Broncos...well that has changed now...ZACH.

They taught me how to throw a football and how to correctly hold/grip it.
We roughhoused.  This included wrestling (well, I watched, sometimes participated) and intense games of football.
We've played golf, basketball, baseball, and football together.
We were in 4-H together.
We've argued/had disagreements...and still do, that was quite obvious in the video.  If Sam and Zach aren't arguing, it's usually Zach and I arguing.
We've supported each other by either me watching their football or basketball games, or them coming to my performances.
Most of all, we have grown up together.

This road trip was possibly our last big "cousin only" road trip before we go our separate ways for university.  That is scary to say and is hard to say because I love my cousins so much.  I would honestly do anything for my cousins.  I am not afraid to stand up for my cousins or fight for them.  They have made such an impact on my life and I will always love them no matter what.  I know that whatever happens in the future, that we will still be the obnoxious and loving cousins that we are.
Sam, Zach, you guys are my bodyguards and have always been there for me.  You've visited me in the hospital and we have had our many adventures.  I am proud to call you my cousins and am so proud of how much you have grown...as in self-growth, not height growth.  No need to rub it in my face on how short I am, thank you. 
Always remember:  Joshua 1:9: "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Lastly, Carole.  Carole isn't like a sibling to me, rather, she is one my closest friends.  I consider her one of my best friends.  We have grown closer the past year.  She has shown what it truly means to be a servant of Christ.  She leads through example and the words that come out of her mouth are the words of Christ.  She is the strongest woman I know.
Carole, there are so many things I could say about you, but I don't even know where to begin.  I love you so so so so much.  I am so proud of you and am incredibly blessed to call you my cousin.
Psalm 46:5: "God is within her, she will not fall."

Comments